Central Asia Barometer is an independent non-profit regional center of applied social research in Central Asia with a headquarter in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. We measure the social, economic, and political "atmosphere" in the countries of Central Asia and conduct applied social research, the results of which help our partners make data-based decisions in the best interests of the region’s citizens.
We are looking for a full-time Accountant to join our office in Bishkek to organize and lead CAB”s financial activities.
Deadline: April 15
- Lead general accounting activities including maintenance of records, reporting, control, and analysis
- Perform monthly close process by accounting spending in the project accounting software and resolve potential issues
- Monitoring of available funds and financial planning, financial statistics, ordering of funds
- Advice the project team on accounting regulations/requirements/directives
- Translation of financial documents and financial meetings, individual legal texts
- Independently resolving technical and substantive accounting issues in CAB operations and donor activities
- Ensure project funding requirements are met to ensure positive project cash flow
- Perform various ad-hoc analyses and other duties as assigned by management.
- University degree (Accounting, Finance) or completed professional training
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Experience in a donor-funded project or a donor agency
- Experience with donor reporting requirements
- Excellent working knowledge of Russian and English
- Ability to work with accounting software, Microsoft Office and Excel
- Effective communications skill and ability to work with minimal supervision
If you are interested in applying for this position, please your cover letter outlining your motivation and experience, as well as your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marked as “Accountant”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.